365 Project

365 Project

Friday, February 8, 2013

February 8 - Penny


Hello blog readers... nothing too exciting to report today.
At work today we did our first rounding to the nearest nickle since Canada has decided to stop the use of the penny.

I decided that I might try to rescue some of the oldest pennies I could find.
I shall hide them away till I am old and then bring them out to see how much they are worth. Even if they don't end up being worth much it might be neat to show people 50 years from now.

To start my collection I shall put this lovely penny.
It is a commemorative coin celebrating Canada's 100 years.
It has a lovely little bird on one side and commemorates Canada as a confederation from 1867-1967.


1 comment:

  1. Good idea Deeds. As you know I too collect coins, and have a collection since I was a wee little red head head of about 5 years old : ) It is so interesting to think of all the lives those small coins have touched over the years, the sadness, happiness, and drama, as life and death enfolded and the world turned; wars, the depression, roaring storms and then flowers bloomed and of course Canada turned 100!

    Your Aunt

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?